Prieure Lichine
France, Bordeaux

The Prieuré-Lichine vineyard, created in the 12th century by the former Benedictine monks or "Prieurs" (Superiors) of Cantenac, was awarded on several occasions from 1444. In 1745, the cru was classified third growth of Margaux and Cantenac by the Bordeaux Royal Administration and in 1855 the Prieuré growth was promoted to the rank of Fourth Classified Growth.

In 1951, Alexis Lichine took over Château Prieuré-Cantenac. Through a strict renovation program, this pioneer added new terroirs to his estate and rebuilt the ancient priory home. In 1972, Alexis created the estate’s second wine; "Le Cloître du Château Prieuré-Lichine" that benefits from the same care as the Classified Growth.


Current Inventory
Prieure Lichine Cloitre Prieure Lichine Margaux 2011 (6pk)